If you have many fields (typically check boxes) and would like to change the layout of fields so that they are laid out in columns in a section, you can achieve this by following the instructions below:
- First you'll need to add groups that relate to the columns. eg. Group 1 = column 1 , Group 2 = column 2. Click "Add New Group" at the bottom of the section so that you see two groups if you want two columns.
- Next, add the fields that go into each column.
- Click on the "Group Properties" link at the top of the section and click Edit in Group 1, change the group width to 6 and check "Allow Side-by-Side Groups". Click Update.
- Repeat the steps for Group 2.
- Here is what it looks like on the form:
Note: if you want the options tighter, you can modify the group width in the group properties in step 3 above. If you want 3 columns, you'll need 3 groups and each group will have a width of 4 instead of 6. Ensure "Allow Side-by-Side Groups" is always checked off in the groups that need to be in columns.
If you have any questions regarding this setup, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org